Tverskaya (Russian: Тверская) is a station on Moscow Metro's Zamoskvoretskaya Line. The station was originally planned to open in 1938 along with the rest of the Gorkovsky radius of the second stage of the Metro. However this was abandoned and a provision of a straight tunnel, with reinforced structure was left. However upon the change in the Metro development plans in the early 1960s, a future transfer point was to be organised in the area. As a result, in 1975, after the opening of Pushkinskaya station, works began. The design marked a real engineering achievement, as the central hall, and the passenger platforms were built without any disruption to the service. The station is located under the Pushkin Square in Moscow and was originally called Gorkovskaya after Maxim Gorky for whom the intersecting street, one of the main in Moscow was named up till 1990, when the old name was returned to the street and the station was renamed. The decoration is dedicated to the works of the author, and architects R. Semerdzhiev, B. Thor, N. Shreter and V. Cheremin made best to simultaneously show the revolutionary constructivism shapes of flared pylons and plastered ceiling thus leaving the engineering achievement visible. White marble was used for pylons and walls and red granite for the floor. Originally the end of the station was decorated with a sculptural composition dedicated to the theme of his works. However in 1987 after the opening of a transfer with Chekhovskaya, the composition was moved to the escalator lobby in the transfer. Transfer to Pushkinskaya is achieved through the two underplatform passageways, and via the vestibule under the Pushkin square which they share. This station was bombed in August 2000 killing eight people.
Недорогая гостиница Ключевой Элемент удобно расположена в самом центре Москвы (м. Арбатская). Наш отель предоставляет услуги проживания в комфортных номерах категорий номер стандарт, номер комфорт, номер бизнес, номер люкс.